13 Reasons Why You Should Stay Alive
- The possibilities, with life brings possibility
- Someone loves you
- Because life can get better, in my practice of counseling, I have seen clients who have survived many different types of trauma and mental illness and have found happiness and peace. Some of them never believed things could get better.
- There is absolutely no evidence to support reincarnation, this is the only life you get
- Think about one place you have never traveled to, you can’t die before you travel there. I have never been to Hawaii or the Bahamas, and would like to go someday.
- “Always remember you are Braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think, ” A.A. Milne
- Don’t quit, rest if you must, but don’t quit
- You can do this!!
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Chocolate (your food might be different)
- There are people who will help you. There are people who will care.
- Many people with suicidal ideation can picture their death; they can plan out exactly how they will commit suicide. I am asking you instead to think of your funeral. Who will be there? What will they wear? Which of your former employers would send flowers to your family? Which of your family members would carry the casket? Who would be in the most pain? Could you hang on a little longer to spare them that pain? Could you reach out for help instead of choosing to end your life?
Make your own list of 13 reasons why! Then make a bucket list, what else do you want to get done before the end of your life? Please feel free to reach out to a counselor if you need help or if you suspect you child needs help. Please don’t wait too long!
Suicide Prevention Hotline 800.273.8255
One-Eighty Counseling in Garner, NC 919.772.1990
Holly Hill Hospital Admissions (24 hours a day) 800.447.1800
Strategic Behavioral Healthcare 855.537.2262